Okay today I am coing to you about Obesity. Yes that big scary work signifying somehwere no one wants to be as in todays society it is shameful.
I’ve been doing soe observations and I would not say that there is an “Obesity epidemic.” I do not agree with the fat that 58% of english adults are overweight or obsese. Okay maybe clinically in accordance with having a BMI of above 24.9 but that doesnt take into account many things. Bone structure, set point, muscle mass.
It is quite easy to be clinically overweight or obsese but actually at a perfectly healthy weight for your body. I honestly don’t get why there’s such a fuss about this so called “Obesity epidemic.” I am aware obesity is a problem where it is impacting on peoples health and costing the NHS extortionate amounts of money but from my obsrvations of the general population whilst out and about I don’t belive it is as big as the media makes it seem.
So why is there such a huge fuss over it? I honestly feel it is just diet culture and money aking by the big dieting businesses. It’s all diet culture. That’s whats to blame.
Today marks 6 weeks since I started recovering from my eating disorder again after relapsing and I thought I’d make a blog post abou what I’ve gained in those last 6 weeks. Other than weight of course.
- Probably the most important thing first. Happiness. I’ve finally started enjoying life and feeling actually happy.
- Fitness – six weeks ago 20 miniutes of hiit killed me I’ve done 30-60 mins every day since saturday and I’m fine. (todays workout was hard though) I couldn’t imagine ever being able to do that 6 weeks ago. Looking forward to starting up running again in the spring! (Winter running is not fun)
- Intelligence – I was two marks of an A* in my business mock. It came as such a shock to me. I know without the carbs that wouldn’t have happened.
- Enoying food taste and flavours – I’m slowly learning to appreciate food as what it is and not worry so much. It is still an issue but little changes are being made by the meal.
- Energy – I’m no longer constantly zombified!
- Sleep – I am sleeping better most of the time. Some night I do still only get 5 or 6 hours but it is better than the 4-6 I was getting before I started recovering again.
Just goes to show. Recovery is always worth it !
Hello everyone, I’d like to first wish you all a happy new year of health and positivity in 2016! This post is going to be about my goals in 2016.
- Find true recovery from my eating disorder – this encompases a lot of things. To be free from worries about food, portion sizes and calories. To not worry about not exercising enough and be so focused on my weight and body shape. To finally be at peace with myself.
- To get fit! I know this sounds realy contradictary to my last goal but I have found that exercise really helps lift my mood. So I will do exercise excluding walking the dog atleast 3 times a week. This could be 2 hiit workouts and 1 climbing session or 3 hiit workouts. Obviousy if I feel strong enough and want to do more then I will but not if thats because I need to burn more calories or due to any other ED thought.
- To find balence in my diet and healthy middle ground with my caloric intake. I am struggling with this at the moment. Okay I would say my diet is probably more balenced than most but caoric consumption… I seem to eat 3000+ or undr 1000+ and I want to find that healthy middle ground that I can maintain weight at and not still find myself hungry.
- To build my blog, youtube and other social media’s. I’m really passionate about spreading the message of recovery and wanting to inspire others to recover so I’m going to really work on building upp my following so I can reach as many people as possible!
- TO PASS MY A LEVELS WITH ABB MINIMUM! This is the biggest one. I am so excited about going to uni and studying law. ABB is the grades I need for the choice I’ll put as my insurance when hear back from the final uni so that is my baseline goal for all things education.
- To prioritise mental health over grades. Last year I pushed myself way too far. Which lead to my relapse. This year I’m going to focus on me while still working to do my best. Aiming for reaistic grades not perfect grades. And when it all gets too overwheming I will promise to myself to take time out.
- To do some volenteering or fundraising work.
So thats it for my 2016 goals. Notice how I’m not calling them new years resolutions. Thats because I hate that term. Please comment your goals for the new year.